Sunday, December 09, 2007

Crocs shoes and Apple

OK, I am going to confess that I am quite a fan of Croc shoes....and today I got my second pair of the Crocs islander. If you have never worn a pair of Crocs before, I know what you must be thinking now... "boy....that color/design is really weird....are you sure you dare to wear this out....?".

Well, wait till you try your feet on a pair of Crocs and you will know how comfortable it feels. It is virtually weightless and feels like ... er ... you are not wearing any shoes! And depending on your taste, there is always a color/design that suits you.

But wait....why am I talking about shoes in a technology blog? If you look at Crocs and Apple, both companies seem to have something in common.....underdogs in an industry where both do not have the majority market share...and yet they continue to innovate by focusing on design and quality. I have always liked to walk into a Crocs showroom and be facinated with new designs that make me think: "why didn't I think of that!" Likewise, Apple's attention to details and usability have always been their trademark.

And if you are still with me ... both companies are great inspirations for me to develop courses that are fun, informative, and most importantly, effective for you to learn new technologies in the shortest amount of time. And if you have never attended any of my classes, I would like to invite you, just like Crocs who in the early days asked customers, to give it a try and experience it themselves. Go on, pick a design (course) and see if you like it. :-)

No comments: