Friday, June 09, 2006

Get a CPU Cooler for your Dual Core Processor

Today's CPU runs at such a high temperature that without a CPU cooler attached to the top of the CPU, you can be sure that the CPU will be fried within seconds of powering up. Recently, I got myself a new Intel Dual Core machine running at 3Ghz. The cooler that comes with the processor sounds like a vacuum cleaner when it is spining at full speed. The sound was unbearable, espeically if it is placed at home. Frustrated, I finally decided to replace the cooler with something that is quieter. And the Samurai Z CPU Cooler is the one I am happy to tell you that will solve the noise problem. Not only is it quiet, it is also easy to install. Unlike other coolers in the market where you have to remove the motherboard, you can simply unscrew the current cooler and replace it with the Samurai Z CPU Cooler. It has two heat pipes and so far the temperature of my CPU has been revolving around the 50-60 degrees C ballpark, which I understand is pretty good. With this improved cooling, I can now run Virtual Server 2005 with peace and quiet. Not a bad investment!

No comments: